We've got our ear to the ground, and we hear you loud and clear: you want MORE documentation! If you are one of the many respondents to our recent surveys, thank you. We want to improve our software, while also improving how we educate our users.
Our team of experts is working on a series of awesome video documentation to:
- Help you use the software more efficiently
- Improve your existing knowledge of data mining, and
- Help you be successful in discovering new and interesting pieces of information about the data you work with.
So, please, help us continue to add value to the work you do and submit your feedback in the comments below. We would love to hear what you think about our new video series.
How to Work with Different Cost Functions
In this 25-minute data mining tutorial you will learn what cost functions are, why they are important, and explore some of the cost functions and evaluation criteria available to you as a data analyst. We will start with an introduction into what cost functions are, in general, and then continue the discussion by reviewing cost functions available for regression models, and available for classification models.
These cost functions include:
- Least Squares Deviation Cost
- Least Absolute Deviation Cost, and
- Huber-M Cost.
Please leave your comments and suggestions below!